Season 2, Episode 9: Florence
One month after Hurricane Florence made landfall in North Carolina, we bring you three stories of strength, resilience, and perseverance in the face of the storm.
If you’d like to help victims of the hurricane, we suggest:
- American Red Cross: 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word “FLORENCE” to 90999 to make a $10 donation; redcross.org
- North Carolina Community Foundation Disaster Relief Fund
- United Way Hurricane Florence Recovery Fund
- North Carolina Nurses Association: An emergency fundraising effort for nurses affected by Florence
- American Humane Association: An emergency donation helps animal rescue groups save animals left behind or in shelters
- Emergency Disaster Services of The Salvation Army
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina: To donate food, visit one of the distribution centers in Durham, Raleigh, New Bern, Greenville, the Sandhills/Southern Pines, or Wilmington, or donate online
- Second Harvest and Disaster Response
- For the Down East/Carteret County region, please consider donating to the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum’s hurricane relief fund
- Hurricane Florence Relief Bucket Drive: Alpha Graphics of Raleigh will deliver buckets of cleaning supplies to the New Bern area; purchase through their Amazon wish list
Read a letter from our editor in chief, Elizabeth Hudson.
For continuing coverage of Hurricane Florence and its effects on North Carolina, we recommend the excellent work of our friends at the Raleigh News & Observer.
Jeremy Markovich: writer, producer, editor, host
James Mieczkowski: producer
Kimberly Simpson: digital manager
Elizabeth Hudson: editor-in-chief
Photo via explore.org